At Husain Law + Associates, P.C., our Austin car accident attorneys fight aggressively to protect the legal rights of injured victims and their families. With millions recovered on behalf of our clients, you can rely on our law firm for high-level representation. If you or a family member were hurt in a car accident in Austin, we are more than ready to help. Give us a call now or connect with us online to set up a no-cost, no-obligation case review with a top-rated Austin auto accident attorney.
We Handle the Full Range of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims in Austin
We are a full-service personal injury law firm devoted to protecting the rights of injured victims and their families. We do what is right for you—not the large insurance companies. Our firm takes on the full spectrum of auto accident injury claims in Austin. Regardless of how and why your collision occurred, we are here to help. Motor vehicle accidents that our attorneys handle in Austin include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle accidents; and
- Pedestrian collisions.
Four Steps to Take After a Car Crash in Austin, TX
Were you involved in a significant motor vehicle collision in Austin, TX? It is imperative that you take immediate action to protect yourself and your rights. Doing the right things at the beginning stages of the process will make it easier for you to get justice. Here are four steps to take:
- Seek Medical Care: The first step after a car crash in Austin, TX is to seek medical attention for any injuries you or your passengers may have sustained. While emergency needs always come first, non-emergency injuries still need to be evaluated. Your health and well-being matter. Beyond that, you need medical records to be eligible to bring a personal injury claim.
- Report the Crash: It is legally required that you report the accident to the police as soon as possible if any person was hurt in the crash. It is also a key step to protecting your rights. Reporting the accident is an official record of the accident and can be useful in the event that you need to file an insurance claim or seek legal action. Report the collision to the Austin Police Department, Travis County Sheriff’s Office, or another state/local police department.
- Document the Scene: Texas is an at-fault motor vehicle accident jurisdiction. Every serious accident in Austin must be carefully investigated. Be certain to document the accident as thoroughly as possible. Along with other measures, this includes taking photos of the damage to both vehicles, collecting the contact and insurance information of the other driver, and getting the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Contact a Lawyer: You cannot count on any insurance company to look out for your best interests. If you have been injured in an accident in Travis County or elsewhere in the wider region, it is essential that you consult with an experienced Austin, TX car accident lawyer. Your attorney will be in the best position to help you navigate the claims process.
An Overview of the Car Accident Laws in Texas
Involved in a car wreck in Austin? It is imperative that you understand your rights under the law. Here are some key points to know about auto accident laws in Texas:
- At-Fault Motor Vehicle Accident State: Unlike some other states, Texas is a fault-based auto accident jurisdiction. The party deemed at fault for the crash is liable for the damages.
- Comparative Negligence Rules: Texas uses comparative negligence. Under Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001, each party to a motor vehicle collision is liable for their share of the fault. Make sure your crash is thoroughly investigated.
- Two Years to File a Claim: The statute of limitations for a car accident in Texas sets a two-year deadline to file a claim (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 16.003). If you wait too long, you may be denied your ability to recover compensation.
Recovering Full and Fair Financial Compensation for a Crash
After a serious motor vehicle wreck in Austin, TX, it is common for victims to have significant physical injuries and other damages. You need financial compensation so that you can pay your bills and cover other damages. Texas law protects your right to hold the at-fault driver (or other parties) liable for economic and intangible damages. However, insurance companies that handle most motor vehicle accident claims often prioritize their own interests over what is best for the victims and their families. Our Austin car accident lawyers are ready to take action to maximize your financial recovery, including for:
- Property damage (vehicle repairs);
- Emergency room treatment;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disability; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Other Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Austin
Beyond motor vehicle collision cases, we also have experience with all types of other personal injury claims, including premises liability cases. No matter how and why your accident happened, our Austin, TX personal injury lawyers are standing by, ready to take action to protect your rights and help you find the best path forward. You are not alone in the legal claims process.
How Our Austin, TX Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
We are a personal injury law firm devoted to providing personalized, justice-driven legal advocacy to car accident victims. Our founder and managing partner Nomaan K. Husain, is a highly accomplished Texas personal injury lawyer. We know how to get results. When you reach out to our law firm, you will have a chance to consult with an Austin auto accident attorney who can:
- Hear your story and explain the next steps that you need to take to bring a claim;
- Investigate the Austin, TX car crash, gathering relevant evidence and information;
- Take care of the correspondence with insurers, including settlement discussions; and
- Do whatever is needed to help you get justice and the maximum available compensation.
Common Injuries In Car Accidents
In most car accidents there are some signs of injury. Injuries range in severity from needing basic first aid to needing serious medical intervention. No matter the severity of your injuries it’s a good idea to talk to legal representation to get compensation not only for injuries, but also for damages to your property, suffering, and any injuries that are later discovered.
Whiplash – Whiplash is so common that many insurance companies have become suspicious of it on claims. That withstanding the muscles and ligaments in our neck and upper backs were not designed to withstand forces common in car accidents. These types of injuries can be difficult to diagnose and prove, and therefore it’s recommended that you have qualified and experienced legal representation.
Injury to the head – Head injuries are common as during impact our heads accelerate towards the impact. This can mean hitting our head violently against the side windows, doors, windshield, or dash. Even airbags cause some injuries, yet often save lives.
Arm & Leg Injuries – No matter how spacious your vehicle is, we are close to a lot of hard surfaces. In a collision, it’s nearly impossible to avoid hitting your arms or legs against the interior of the vehicle, especially if the vehicle has deformed. In some cases, injuries to limbs can be as small as bruises and cuts. While more often broken bones or even amputation are unavoidable.
Cuts & Lacerations – With a lot of broken glass and metal deforming around us during collisions it’s common to have cuts and lacerations. A laceration is really just a deeper and more serious cut that requires medical attention, often in the form of stitches. Scarring can be a serious cosmetic concern for victims of vehicle collisions.
Injury The Torso – Our torso and chest can be injured in various ways during a car accident. Seatbelts save lives, yet during sudden and violent deceleration in a car accident, they can leave bruises and broken ribs.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents
Distracted Driving – One of the most common causes of car accidents is distracted driving. It’s something of a modern plague that humans can’t leave their phones, radios, eating, and other activities for when they are pulled over. Distracted driving causes thousands of accidents every year.
Drunk Driving – Despite many decades of fighting drunk driving, it is still a common cause of car accidents. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs reduces reaction time and awareness of other drivers. Drunk driving has caused more accidents than any other cause in the United States.
Aggressive Driving – From reckless speed and lane changes to tailgating and road rage aggressive driving causes many accidents on our roads. Other drivers are often not aware of speeding vehicles and may fail to see them and cause an accident simply by changing lanes. Aggressive driving also causes other motorists to feel unsafe, scared, and then angry. This is often the beginning of a road rage situation.
Vehicle Failure – Whether it’s the airbags, ignition, or exploding tire accidents caused by vehicle malfunction, people are injured in car accidents by manufacturer error. Companies who release faulty vehicles that cause accidents and injury are held responsible by our qualified legal team.
Road Hazards – When roads are not taken care of or built right in the first place they cause accidents. Having large dangerous objects on the road surface will cause vehicles to swerve and potentially hit another vehicle. Potholes and other road problems can also cause motorists to lose control of their vehicles.
Inclement Weather – Snow, ice, fog, and heavy rain can all cause accidents. These road conditions may seem like “acts of god”, but other motorists can still be held responsible for accidents if they failed to use appropriate caution. This can mean not leaving enough space to brake during bad weather or driving too fast for the conditions and losing control of the vehicle.
Schedule a Free Case Review With a Top Austin Car Accident Lawyer
At Husain Law + Associates, P.C., our Austin auto accident attorney has the professional skill that you can trust. If you or your family member was hurt in any type of motor vehicle collision, we are here to help you get justice and full financial compensation. Contact us right away for a free, no strings attached consultation. We represent auto accident victims in Austin and throughout the wider region, including in Travis County, Hays County, and Williamson County.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!