Cypress Car Accident Lawyers
Home CypressGet Started
Car accidents are a top cause of fatalities and unintentional injuries in the US, and you expect that the casualties will be high in a populous state like Texas. However, the statistics on auto crashes are still shocking. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TX DOT), there are almost 4,500 people killed and another 240,000 individuals injured in motor vehicle collisions every year. With U.S. Highway 290 running through Cypress, TX, and US Interstates 10 and 45 nearby, there are significant risks in Harris County. Around 575 victims die and 44,500 people are hurt in traffic accidents in this region, leading to serious physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Texas personal injury laws cover motor vehicle collisions, so you may qualify to recover compensation from the at-fault driver. However, there are multiple steps in the complicated legal process. To ensure you receive fair monetary damages, it is wise to count on our team at Husain Law & Associates, P.C. to tackle the essential tasks. Please contact us to set up a no-cost case review with a Cypress car accident attorney, and read on for some background.
Liability in Texas Auto Crash Claims
Traffic collisions are caused by unsafe driving, but there is a specific set of facts you must prove to qualify for monetary damages. The theory of liability in these cases is negligence, so you must show that the at-fault motorist failed to exercise reasonable care behind the wheel, and this was the direct cause of the accident. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for road conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Failure to yield right of way;
- Making erratic turns and not using blinkers; and,
- Improper lane changes.
In addition, distracted driving is a serious problem in Cypress, TX, and around Greater Houston. TXDOT reports that there are more than 12,000 crashes caused by texting, talking on the phone, posting to social media, and other unlawful misconduct. Plus, there are other forms of distracted driving that are just as dangerous, such as eating, drinking, using a GPS, and playing music.
Other Types of Traffic Collisions
It is important to keep in mind that Texas car accident laws also apply to other incidents involving motorized vehicles, non-motorized forms of transportation, and individuals sharing the road. Husain Law & Associates, P.C. is committed to assisting victims of all types of traffic accidents, such as:
- Truck Collisions: Crashes with 18-wheelers, semis, tractor-trailers, and other commercial vehicles are extremely serious because of the size differential as compared to an average automobile. Victims often suffer head trauma, amputation, and other severe, catastrophic injuries.
- Motorcycle Crashes: The two-wheeled design and lack of a protective metal barrier mean riders are exposed to a severe, violent impact in a motorcycle collision. Road rash, an injury that bears characteristics of both an abrasion and a burn, is common.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: People on foot and riding bikes share the road with larger, heavier, faster vehicles, putting them at risk of serious harm in a collision. Victims may sustain broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and many other forms of harm.
Steps in the Legal Process
You may be able to obtain amounts for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and many other losses in a Texas traffic crash case. The first step toward recovery is filing an injury claim with the at-fault motorist’s insurer, but you may need to sue in court to get fair compensation. Our Cypress car accident lawyers at Husain Law & Associates, P.C. will guide you through the process and take care of:
- Conducting an investigation and collecting evidence;
- Reviewing your medical records;
- Completing all insurance claims forms and submitting them with supporting paperwork; and,
- Negotiating with the insurance company in an attempt to settle your claim out of court.
If the insurer refuses to pay sufficient damages to cover your losses, we will file a lawsuit. Our team will handle motions, discovery, depositions, and all other litigation tasks leading to the trial date.
Contact a Cypress Car Accident Attorney to Learn More
It is helpful to know the basic legal process for recovering damages after a traffic collision, but you can see that retaining legal help is crucial. The Cypress car accident attorneys at Husain Law & Associates, P.C. are prepared to assist with your claim and ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses. Please contact us today at 713-800-1200 or check out our website to schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Cypress.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!