Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
Home Dallas Car Accident AttorneyGet Started
At Husain Law + Associates, P.C., our Dallas auto accident lawyers fight tirelessly to protect the legal rights and financial interests of injured victims and their families. With a proven record of successfully handling a full range of motor vehicle accident claims, we have recovered millions on behalf of injured victims and their families. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash, please do not hesitate to contact our Dallas auto accident lawyers today for a free review of your case.
We Handle All Types of Motor Vehicle Collision Claims in Dallas
Husain Law & Associates, P.C. is a full-service personal injury law firm committed to fighting for justice for injured victims and their families. We are on the side of the people who need help the most—not the big insurance companies. Our firm handles all forms of motor vehicle accident claims in Dallas. Regardless of the cause, nature, or severity of your crash, we are more than ready to help. Types of motor vehicle accidents our Dallas attorneys have experience with include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle accidents; and
- Pedestrian collisions.
Steps to Take After a Serious Car Accident in North Texas
Were you involved in a major motor vehicle collision in North Texas? No matter how and why the crash occurred, it is crucial that you act to protect your best interests. Here are four key steps to take if you were in an auto accident in Dallas:
- Seek Medical Care From a Doctor: The first and most important step to take after a serious auto accident in North Texas is to seek medical care from a qualified physician. There is nothing that should take precedence over emergency medical needs. You also need to see a doctor for non-emergency injuries. Doing so is vital to protect your health and your ability to bring a legal claim.
- Ensure the Crash is Properly Reported: In Texas, all motor vehicle collisions that result in any physical injuries (or significant property damage) must be reported to the authorities. You should report your collision to the police. Report the crash to the Dallas Police Department, Dallas County Sheriff’s Department, or another state/local agency.
- Secure as Much Documentation as Possible: The more evidence that indicates how and why your accident happened, the better position you will be in to pursue financial compensation for your injuries. Document the scene as thoroughly as reasonably possible, including getting photographs, information from other drivers, and other details.
- Talk to a Dallas Lawyer—Before an Insurer: You do not want to take on the big insurance companies alone. The best step that you can take to protect your legal rights is to consult with a Dallas auto accident attorney before giving an official statement to any insurance carrier. Simply notify your insurer that a crash has happened and contact a lawyer.
What You Should Know About the Texas Auto Accident Laws
Involved in a significant car wreck in Dallas? You need to know your rights under the law. Liability is crucial to establish after a motor vehicle collision in Texas. Here are three important things to understand about auto accident laws in Texas:
- Liability Arises Based on Fault in Texas: Texas is an at-fault automobile accident jurisdiction. Every crash needs a comprehensive and reliable investigation because the party assigned blame for the accident will bear liability.
- Texas Uses Comparative Negligence: Under Texas state law (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001), there is a comparative fault standard for apportioning liability. Every party involved in a crash will be held liable for their “share” of the blame.
- Statute of Limitations in Two Years: You must file your claim before the deadline. Texas law (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 16.003) sets a two-year statute of limitations for car accident injury claims. Consult with a Dallas attorney right away after a crash.
You Deserve to Recover Full and Fair Compensation After a Motor Vehicle Crash
A serious car accident in North Texas can bring your entire life to a grinding halt. It is imperative that you have access to all of the resources that you need to put the pieces back together—including financial compensation to pay bills and support your family. However, even when liability is clear, insurance companies try to resolve car accident claims for less. Our Dallas, TX car accident lawyers go above and beyond to help victims maximize their settlement or verdict. You may be able to recover financial compensation for the following damages:
- Property loss (vehicle repair/replacement);
- Emergency medical care, including ambulance costs;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Rehabilitative treatment, including therapies;
- Lost wages and loss of ability to earn income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disfigurement or disability; and
- Wrongful death.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The most common injuries in car accidents often are to the head, neck (whiplash), limbs, and chest injuries. These injuries often require medical treatment, lost wages, and in the most tragic cases a lifestyle change. Victims of others’ carelessness need to be held accountable for the damages, medical bills, and other punitive damages.
Head injuries are common injuries from car accidents. In a high-speed collision, it is common for our heads to hit windows, the dash, or the steering wheel. While airbags do help, there are often bruises and cuts to the head and face.
Brain damage is one of the worst-case scenarios of a head injury in a car accident. A strong hit to the head can cause internal damage to your head, namely to your brain. Brain damage from any cause can lead to decreased cognitive function along with a myriad of other psychological conditions.
Injury To Limbs
Even in the roomiest vehicle, our bodies are close to doors, other seats, the dash, and windows. Sudden impacts can cause our arms or legs to make violent contact during a collision. This can mean shattered bones and joints. In tragic and unfortunate cases it can mean the loss of a limb, either during the accident or necessitated by your doctor due to extensive damage.
During a car accident, our chest and torsos may be exposed to severe forces. Drivers in accidents often slam forward with their chest against the steering wheel (or airbag), and yet may still end up with broken ribs. Seatbelts are often the only reason people walk away from accidents, yet they also may cause some injury to the chest.
Lacerations, or cuts, are a common type of injury in car accidents. The frame of the vehicle may deform or broken glass may lacerate passengers or drivers involved in the accident. In minor accidents, these often heal without medical help. In other cases, lacerations may require stitches and even plastic surgery to remove scarring.
Whiplash may be the most common car accident injury. It’s so often reported after car accidents that insurance companies treat it with suspicion. When the upper back and neck are violently stretched during the impact of a car accident, it results in whiplash. Whiplash injuries are more difficult to prove and hold other motorists responsible for, which is why it’s advised to have legal counsel.
Common Car Accident Causes
There are a lot of reasons car accidents happen. This is a list of a few of the most common. Most of these causes are avoidable by setting driving as the only focus of attention. Also ensuring that we are awake, alert, and sober when driving.
Drunk driving continues to be one of the most common causes of car accidents. While people make mistakes, driving under the influence risks others’ health and life. Drunk driving has caused more fatal crashes in the United States than any other driver error.
Even if a drunk driver hits you and isn’t charged with criminal drunk driving, you should still note it and tell your legal team. The burden of proof is less demanding in civil cases than in criminal cases. So, you may still be able to hold them liable.
Cell phones behind the wheel is a modern epidemic. It’s even thought that distracted driving has taken the #1 slot as the top cause of car accidents. Whether it’s the radio, looking at the map app, or any other distraction, it causes damage, injury, and sometimes loss of life.
All of these activities reduce awareness for the driver which reduces reaction time. It really can be only a couple of seconds of not watching the road that ends in tragedy.
Speeding, tailgating, aggressive driving, and driving when you’re exhausted are all types of bad driving. Speeding and other forms of aggressive driving are among the top causes of car accidents. They make other drivers anxious, upset, and can be the cause of road rage.
Driving when tired can be as bad as driving under the influence. It reduces awareness, reaction time, and often leads to accidents. Commercial vehicle drivers are required to follow strict rest guidelines to stay rested to maintain their driving ability. When they drive tired, or regular passenger vehicle motorists do, it often ends in auto accidents.
Some accidents are not caused by a driver, but by a defective component. Whether it’s the ignition, bad ties, or faulty airbags, someone is responsible for injuries and damages that follow. This becomes a product liability case. Any entity along the chain of fabrication and distribution may be held liable for accidents of this nature.
Hazards On The Road
If roads are not well maintained or there are objects on the roadway, it often causes accidents. In these cases, the owner of the road, a construction company, the city, or other motorists that have objects falling onto the road may be held liable.
These cases require stronger evidence and benefit from the help of legal experts. It’s advised that you contact a lawyer to help you examine the facts and build a case.
It may seem like accidents from heavy rain, fog, snow or ice are unavoidable, and no one needs to be held liable. But that is not always the case. In some instances, drivers do not take proper precautions to stay in control of their vehicles.
If a driver fails to take the appropriate steps to prevent accidents in bad weather, it may be their fault and responsibility to compensate you for your damages and injuries. In other cases, vehicle safety features may not work, and the manufacturer should be held responsible.
Other Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Dallas
Our firm also handles the full range of other personal injury cases in Dallas, including premises liability claims. If you or your family member was injured in any type of serious accident, our Dallas, TX personal injury lawyers are standing by, ready to take action to protect your rights and help you secure justice and the maximum financial compensation.
You Can Trust Our Dallas, TX Auto Accident Attorneys for Help
A car crash is invariably stressful. No matter the individual circumstances of the case, it is normal to feel stressed out or even frustrated. Our founder and managing partner Nomaan K. Husain has dedicated his career to helping injured victims get justice and proper financial compensation. We specialize in motor vehicle accident injury claims. Among other things, our Dallas car accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review and assessment of your case;
- Investigate your Dallas car crash, gathering the evidence you need to bring a claim;
- Handle legal paperwork, correspondence with insurers, and settlement talks; and
- Take aggressive action to protect your rights and help you maximize your recovery.
Set Up a Free Consultation With a Top-Rated Dallas, TX Auto Accident Lawyer Today
At Husain Law + Associates, P.C., our Dallas car accident attorneys are experienced, solutions-driven legal advocates for injured victims and their families. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash, we are here to help. Contact us today to set up a free, fully private review of your case. We represent car accident victims in Dallas and throughout all of North Texas, including Dallas County, Tarrant County, Johnson County, Rockwall County, Hunt County, and Kaufman County.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!