Car accidents can happen anywhere in Huffman. Maybe you were pulling out of your driveway when a motorist clipped you, or you were merging onto the freeway when you got cut off. Accidents take many forms, but all are serious.
If you were involved in a car accident, you need professional legal help. Compensation is possible, but these claims are never easy to bring, especially if you do not have a lawyer. Contact a Huffman car accident attorney today to begin your case.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Huffman, TX
Many motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver negligence. This means that under the laws of Texas, the driver did not use appropriate caution under the circumstances. Typical types of negligence include:
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Driving while distracted
- Impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield
- Illegal lane change
- Failure to use mirrors
In other situations, a road hazard contributes to a crash. For example, a driver could lose control after striking a giant pothole in the road or construction debris left behind. The driver then crashes into traffic or hits a light pole.
Huffman Car Accident Attorney: Compensation for Your Injuries & Losses in an Auto Accident
Auto accidents can easily cause serious injuries to all occupants in a vehicle. Many people will need to be taken to the emergency room in an ambulance for life-saving treatment while others will be confined to their beds at home.
Our Huffman car accident attorney will focus on obtaining meaningful compensation for your injuries, which can include the following damages:
- Medical Care: Your treatment can include immediate life-saving treatment like surgery but also rehabilitation, doctor visits, diagnostic tests, and prescription drugs.
- Future Medical Treatment: Permanent disabilities often require future care, including future surgeries, medication, and at-home help.
- Lost Income: If your injuries keep you out of work, you should seek compensation to replace that lost income. You can also seek loss of future income for permanent injuries.
- Property Damage: Your car was probably wrecked in the crash. The driver at fault for the crash should pay to fix or replace it.
- Pain and Suffering: Bodily injuries do more than cost money. They also impair a person’s life, causing pain and distress.
- Loss of Consortium: Serious injuries can impair a marital relationship and lead to loss of companionship, care, and intimacy.
Why You Need to Hire a Huffman Car Accident Lawyer Immediately
Accident victims are sometimes tempted to negotiate their settlements. We understand the appeal. After all, it sounds so easy: fill out a few forms and then wait for an insurer to mail a check or deposit funds into your bank account.
Unfortunately, obtaining fair compensation is rarely this easy. Instead, insurers use many tactics to drag out the process, including failing to respond to phone calls or even refusing to initiate an investigation. Their tactics have one goal—to put pressure on the victim, who probably needs funds to pay for medical care and other bills.
Over the years, insurers have learned that if they delay the process, many accident victims will desperately grab at any offer, no matter how small. Our legal team can immediately come to your aid:
- Analyze the strengths of your case to determine whether you can establish fault
- Calculate the value of your claim so you don’t settle for too little
- Communicate with insurers and answer any questions they have
- Coordinate your medical care and collect documents that show the severity of your injuries
- Lean on Texas bad faith insurance laws to light a fire under insurers
We also aggressively negotiate settlements for our Huffman clients. This back-and-forth process can take many months. But we are never afraid to call an insurance company’s bluff. When negotiations falter, we can file a lawsuit in court seeking compensation from all parties who contributed to your crash.
Other Motor Vehicle Accidents a Huffman Car Accident Attorney can Handle
In addition to auto accidents, the attorneys at Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. can help with:
In many ways, these accidents are like car accidents. We can analyze fault and bring a claim against someone who caused the crash. Insurance companies will vigorously deny claims, but we can employ the same negotiation techniques we use for motor vehicle accident victims.
But these claims also have unique wrinkles. For example, truck accidents usually involve many more possible defendants, including the trucking company or the loading company, in addition to the driver.
You Can Afford Huffman Car Accident Attorney Services
Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. never charges any upfront legal fees. This arrangement makes hiring us easy. We only charge a fee if we end up winning your case, either in court or as part of a settlement. In that situation, we take a percentage of the amount awarded to our clients based on our agreement at the start of the representation.
This type of contingency agreement works well for all clients. It shifts the risk from you to us, because we don’t get paid unless we win. And we have no reason to take on a case unless we think it has merit.
Texas Laws Related to Car Accidents
Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. stays on the cutting edge of changes in Texas personal injury law. This allows us to effectively advocate for our clients. Several laws will impact your personal injury claim:
- Statute of Limitations: Texas only gives victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in court. Go over this deadline, and you lose out on the ability to receive any compensation.
- Comparative Fault: Texas allows accident victims to seek compensation if their negligence contributed to the crash. However, you can’t be too responsible. If you are 51% or more at fault, you are barred from recovery. Your fault also reduces your compensation, so someone 40% at fault will receive 40% less.
- Punitive Damages (Exemplary Damages): Texas law allows courts to award punitive damages, which are to punish the defendant for heinous actions.
- Wrongful Death: If a loved one died in a crash, you might bring a wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation for the loss.
Speak with Our Huffman Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you were hurt in an accident, you need to call Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. today. We offer a free consultation to anyone with questions about whether they can bring a claim. Let us analyze the facts and advise you about your rights.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!