Katy Car Accident Lawyers
Home Katy ￼Get Started
Once a railroad town, Katy has emerged as one of the fastest-growing communities in the greater Houston area. Families flock to Katy for our good schools but also for the ample employment opportunities. In the past decade, Amazon has opened a giant distribution center in town, and retailers like Costco have also opened shops.
With many businesses setting down roots in Katy, traffic congestion has also increased—and this means more accidents on the roads and highways. At Husain Law + Associates, we help people like you following a car wreck. Contact us to learn more.
We Can Help Anyone Hurt in a Motor Vehicle Crash
Our dedicated lawyers handle accident cases from start to finish. As soon as you contact us, we can be your voice in the process—handling insurance forms, answering questions, and negotiating on your behalf.
Our experience is very broad and includes helping anyone injured in:
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Side-impact crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Multi-car pile ups
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle wrecks
If you were hurt on the road, odds are good we can help. Contact us to find out more.
What Causes Car Accidents in Katy?
In our experience, negligent drivers are the primary cause of accidents. Essentially, this means a motorist did not drive as carefully as they should have. Some of the leading causes of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving: there are all sorts of distractions today, including in-car entertainment systems, cell phones, and even pets. Other drivers are distracted by food, drinks, putting on makeup, or talking to children.
- Chemical impairment: drugs and alcohol make it harder to drive safely. In fact, impairment is a serious cause of accidents in Texas.
- Fatigue: a tired driver will have slower reflexes and might even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Driving too fast for conditions: motorists must adjust their speed for weather and road conditions because going too fast is deadly.
- Failing to yield: motorists often fail to yield when merging with traffic or at intersections, and many avoidable accidents result.
- Dangerous roads: hazards like potholes, debris, and missing stop signs can contribute to a crash.
At Husain Law, we focus on identifying the cause of your collision. Once we assign fault to a party, we can bring a claim for compensation.
Serious Compensation for Serious Injuries
We can seek money for anyone suffering:
- Bruises and soft-tissue injuries
- Nerve damage
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal column injuries
We can advocate for you to receive compensation for all losses stemming from these and other injuries. We have a long track record of success. We have obtained damages for:
- Medical care
- Future medical care and expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
If a loved one died in the crash, we can also seek money in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Steps to Take Following a Katy Car Accident
We highly recommend that anyone involved in a crash follow these steps, which will improve your odds of receiving a settlement:
- Immediately stop your vehicle. You don’t want to be accused of a hit-and-run yourself. Of course, once you stop you can move your car so that you are not blocking traffic.
- Call the police. An officer will probably come to the scene to create a crash report.
- Swap insurance and personal information with all drivers involved. Remember to get their license number as well as car registration. You need this information to make a claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. You should get pictures of the cars involved, as well as anything you think contributed to your crash. If there was a big pothole, then get a picture of it.
- Talk to witnesses. They can provide critical testimony about what happened and who is to blame. Get their name and contact information.
- Go to the hospital immediately after finishing at the scene. A doctor should diagnose any injuries as soon as possible. If you delay, then the other driver could allege you are partially to blame for your pain.
- Avoid giving a recorded statement to the insurance companies. They might be searching for information to use against you in the claims process.
Call Husain Law for a Free Consultation
Our Katy car accident lawyers can provide an overview of the claims process and estimate your chances of success. We will also describe our contingency fee arrangement, which makes hiring us a low-risk option. Contact us right away to schedule a time to meet.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!