Many people move to Missouri City for its upscale residential developments which provide easy access to Houston. Standout attractions include countless trails and parks, where families enjoy time together away from the bright lights of Houston. We aren’t surprised that the Missouri City population has doubled in only 30 years.
However, accidents can happen here just as they can in Houston. If you were hurt on the freeway or in a parking lot, we can help. Husain Law + Associates— Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. has brought claims for compensation for many accident victims, and we know how to negotiate tough settlements. Contact us today.
How Missouri City Residents Are Hurt in Car Accidents
We have helped motorists hurt in a variety of accidents, such as:
- Rear-End Collisions: These crashes are common in parking lots, driveways, and intersections.
- Head-on Crashes: These accidents are thankfully rare. Two vehicles hit head-on, often because one driver drifted over the centerline or was passing illegally.
- Sideswipes: When two cars are traveling parallel to each other, they can get into a sideswipe. A common reason is a failure to yield when merging with traffic.
- T-Bones: These are side-impact crashes seen most often at intersections. One motorist tries to make a left-hand turn or a driver runs a red light.
- Hit and Run Collisions: Though it is illegal to flee the scene of an accident, many motorists floor it. Those left behind can suffer serious bodily injuries, including property damage.
- Rollovers: A car might roll onto its side when something trips it, like gravel.
- Single Vehicle Crashes: A car might crash even though no one hit it. For example, a driver could swerve to avoid oncoming traffic, or a road defect could cause them to lose control.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial trucks pull in and out of Houston at all hours of the day. These large vehicles can cause horrifying injuries when they strike someone.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists can get hit or be forced from the road by a dangerous or negligent driver.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists are especially vulnerable to motorists who don’t want to share the road.
Car Accidents Cause Serious Injuries
The injuries our clients receive will depend on many factors, such as:
- The speed the vehicles were going
- The location of impact
- Where a passenger was seated
- Whether the passenger wearing a seatbelt
- Whether airbags deployed
Even low-speed collisions can leave victims with serious bruises, scrapes, burns, or abrasions. These injuries cause pain and leave behind permanent scars. They might also trigger an infection if not treated properly.
Other accident victims are completely unable to move following a wreck. They can suffer head injuries, fractures, neck injuries, back injuries, and other disabling injuries.
The cost of medical care only continues to rise, but receiving prompt care is necessary to get well. If we are successful, we can obtain compensation to cover your medical bills.
Important Texas Laws on Car Accidents
Several laws impact car accident settlements. Here are some of the most important:
- Fault: Texas is a fault state. Under this doctrine, the motorist who is at fault for the crash must pay compensation to anyone injured. The fault is based on the facts and usually involves a motorist who fails to use proper care while driving. Distracted driving, alcohol impairment, and fatigue can all lead to mistakes behind the wheel.
- Comparative Fault: Texas will divide fault between parties. For example, you might have been looking at your phone when you were hit by a speeding motorist, so both parties are at fault. Texas allows victims to seek compensation provided they were 50% or less to blame. In any event, your compensation is reduced by your proportion of fault.
- Statute of Limitations: Texas gives personal injury victims only two years to file a lawsuit in court.
- Punitive Damages: Victims can receive punitive damages for intentional misconduct or gross negligence. Punitive damages serve to punish defendants.
We can use these laws to our client’s advantage. We will do everything possible to make sure you receive the most compensation available for your injuries.
Contact our Missouri City Car Accident Lawyer for Help
The time following an accident is usually a blur. Painful injuries often keep people up all night, but victims don’t know which law firm to hire.
Husain Law + Associates— Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. can simplify the process for you. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we can review your case and offer our thoughts on your odds of success. If you feel comfortable, you can go ahead and hire us to begin representing you. Contact us today to get started.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!