Houston Aggressive Driving Accident Attorney
Aggressive driving is a growing menace on Texas roads. It poses a great danger to drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, and traffic officers alike. Recent statistics have shown it to cause car accidents, which often result in extensive property damage, severe injury, or even death. Fortunately, Texas laws protect victims of such accidents by making them eligible for compensation.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by an aggressive driver, a Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C can help you file a claim. Contact Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C., to schedule a consultation.
Meanwhile, here is all you need to know about aggressive driving and how to protect yourself from road rage in Houston:
WHAT IS AGGRESSIVE DRIVING?
An aggressive driver will usually behave negatively towards other road users. They often use their vehicle to intimidate other drivers or motorists. In most cases, they make sudden or threatening maneuvers designed to create unsafe road conditions for other people.
Aggressive driving is often synonymous with road rage. A driver displaying road rage will tend to lose their temper and react angrily to a traffic disturbance.
Aggressive drivers are a menace. They can disrupt road use and distract other drivers enough to cause an accident. Typically, there are specific behaviors recognized as aggressive driving. They include:
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Tailgating other vehicles
- Slowing the vehicle down after passing another car
- Cutting off other motorists
- Flashing headlights to force other vehicles to move aside
- Passing a lane too slow for others to pass
- Ignoring traffic lights and signs
- Blasting the horn insistently.
- Driving the vehicle with high beam lights on behind other cars or toward oncoming traffic
HOW SHOULD YOU REACT TO AGGRESSIVE DRIVING?
Aggressive drivers can be infuriating. However, it is best to keep calm when faced with one. This will allow you more response time should they suddenly put you in danger. Avoid reacting to anything the driver says or does as they may construe this as an encouragement to continue their behavior.
- When you experience road rage from an aggressive driver, you should:
- Avoid making eye contact with them
- Remain polite and courteous even when insulted
- Avoid reacting aggressively in turn
- Obey all traffic lights, signs, and laws
- Maintain a safe distance from all vehicles
- Try to remain in one lane
- Signal other vehicles when shifting lanes
- Use your car horn sparingly and only when necessary
- Try to calm yourself if you are feeling frustrated
- Put physical distance between your car and the aggressive driver
- Avoid initiating or joining in any road races
- If things get out of hand, pull over when it is safe and call the police
TALK TO A HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
At Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C., we understand the severe repercussions of aggressive driving. We employ our expertise and resources to helping victims of road rage accidents recover damages. Choose us to represent your rights: we will evaluate your case and file a claim against the aggressive driver. We will also conduct investigations and attend negotiations on your behalf.
Our main aim is to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. If you need our help with an aggressive driving case, call us on (713) 804-8149 or contact us online to talk to a Houston Aggressive Driving Accident Attorney.
Contact Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C Aggressive Driving Accidents Lawyers In Houston
If you need an aggressive driving attorney in Houston, we are here to help. We help you with your personal injury case by offering helpful advice and legal representation. Ensuring you get maximum compensation is our team’s priority. To learn more about how we can help, call us today at (713) 804-8149 for a free case evaluation.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!