Handling Head-On Collisions in Houston
The aftermath of a head-on accident can be overwhelming and devastating. The event, which lasts no more than a few seconds, can have life-altering and far-reaching repercussions. You could suddenly be faced with accumulating medical expenses and an inability to earn income. Fortunately, Texas laws allow you to seek damages to cover these unforeseen costs.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a head-on collision? Contact Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C., to discuss your legal options of recovery with an expert Houston Car Accident Attorney.
Here is everything you should know about head-on collisions and how to protect yourself.
Head-On Accident Statistics In Houston
Head-on crashes are considered the most catastrophic of all accidents. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), they cause the most fatalities of car accidents every year. In 2018 alone, they were responsible for 56 percent of all the country’s car accident deaths.
Sadly, the same can be said for Texas. 64,126 accidents were recorded in Houston in 2018, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. I89 out of these accidents were fatal, with 105 being head-on crashes.
From these numbers, it is clear that head-on crashes have great potential for damage.
What Is A Head-On Collision?
A head-on collision is also called a frontal crash. It occurs where the front of a car crashes directly into a fixed object or an oncoming car. Typically, one car might ram into a light fixture, parked car, or building. It might also crash into a car moving in the opposite direction from it.
In some cases, a head-on collision could escalate into a rollover accident.
What Causes These Collisions?
As with any car accident, a head-on crash can occur for any number of reasons. Some of the leading causes of these accidents include:
- Fatigued driving – Drowsiness may reduce steering ability and response time. This could bring a driver face to face with an oncoming car.
- Distracted driving – Not paying attention could cause a driver to veer off the road and into oncoming traffic.
- Aggressive passing – When done on roads with only one lane in each direction, it could place a driver on the wrong side of the road.
- Drunk driving – Being intoxicated could cause a driver to have trouble staying in their lane. They might veer into the wrong side of the road.
- Wrong-way driving – Making the wrong turn or driving in the wrong direction on a one-way street could put you in line with oncoming traffic.
- Speeding around curves or bumps in the road – Turning too quickly could cause a driver to veer over the centerline.
Schedule A Consultation With A Houston Car Accident Attorney
After a head-on collision, you will likely face significant decisions concerning your health, career, and finances. Negotiating with the insurance company might be the last thing you wish to do. Fortunately, you don’t have to. You can hire a Houston Head-On Accident Attorney to do it for you.
The attorneys at Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. understand the repercussions of an accident. We strive to protect the rights of victims of negligent driving.
Victims of head-on collisions often suffer from serious injuries. Our head-on collision attorneys can help with your case and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Our legal team has years of experience and can advise on the best course of action. Call us today at (713) 804-8149 to schedule a free consultation.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!