Motorcycle accidents cause various problems for injured bikers hoping to receive compensation. Bringing an insurance claim is not as simple as it could be. At Husain Law + Associates, P.C., our motorcycle accident lawyers in Houston can assist anyone injured in a motorcycle crash to build a compensation claim.
Please call us today so that we can get started immediately.
How Motorcycle Accidents Differ from Car Accidents
Many people wrongly assume that these two kinds of accidents are very similar. If they were involved in a previous car accident, they might even think they can negotiate their settlement for a motorcycle crash.
But car accidents and motorcycle accidents are very different:
- Injuries are more serious in motorcycle accidents because no barrier protects the motorcyclist, who can suffer a direct blow or be thrown from their bike. Many of our clients suffer from traumatic brain injuries, chest injuries, and spinal cord damage.
- Defendants aggressively defend against these claims. Because so much more money is at stake, insurers do not quickly settle. Instead, they might fight to try to avoid paying compensation.
- Juries tend to assume that motorcyclists are dangerous drivers and automatically blame them for the accident. This creates an uphill climb to receiving a fair settlement.
With the right motorcycle accident attorney, however, you can push back. At Husain Law, we understand how to bring motorcycle accident claims the right way and will gladly review your case to determine if it is legitimate.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents That Occur In Houston
We are prepared to help clients involved in any type of crash:
- Head-on collisions. A motorist could swerve into your lane and strike you because they were distracted or drunk.
- Rear-end collisions. Many drivers claim to never see a motorcyclist idling at a stop sign and can crash into them.
- Sideswipes. A driver might try to pass a motorcyclist and get too close, leading to sideswipe accidents.
- Intersection accidents. Some motorists looking to make a left-hand turn pull directly in front of a motorcyclist, again claiming they couldn’t “see” them. About 42% of fatal motorcycle accidents take place at intersections.
- Defective motorcycle claims. A defective part on the bike could lead to the motorcyclist losing control and crashing.
- Defective road claims. A defect on the road—such as a large pothole—can upend a bike. The government or another entity could be at fault for failing to fix the road defect.
- Single-vehicle accidents. Not all bikers are injured when they are struck. They could also be run off the road by someone cutting them off.
Compensation Following a Motorcycle Accident in Houston
The goal of our Houston motorcycle accident attorneys is to ensure our clients are made whole following a wreck. We can seek compensation to cover a variety of financial losses, including medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost income, and damage to your bike. Depending on the collision, these sums could be five or six figures. We can also seek compensation for non-financial losses like pain and suffering.
Most bodily injuries dramatically upend a person’s life. Our clients often struggle to maintain their emotional balance due to the pain and bodily limitations they experience. We can seek compensation for this pain and suffering.
Contact a Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!