At Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C., our San Antonio car accident attorneys have the professional skills and legal knowledge that injured victims can rely on. We have recovered millions on behalf of victims and their families. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motor vehicle crash, our legal team is here to help.
Contact us today to set up a free consultation with a top San Antonio auto accident lawyer.
Should You Hire A San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer?
Our law firm is committed to protecting the rights and interests of injured victims—not large corporations or their commercial insurance companies. We handle the full range of highway accident cases. No matter the specifics of your case, we have the knowledge and resources to guide you through the legal process and help you achieve a favorable outcome.
Along with other types of motor vehicle crashes, a San Antonio car accident attorney has experience with:
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car accidents;
- Commercial Vehicle and Truck accidents;
- Bicycle and scooter accidents;
- Rideshare accidents; and
- Pedestrian collisions.
Four Important Things to Do After a San Antonio Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident in San Antonio, it is important to follow certain steps to ensure your safety and protect your rights. By doing the right things in the immediate aftermath of a crash, you will be in the best position to get justice. Here are four important things to do after a car accident in San Antonio:
- Seek Prompt Medical Attention: If you or anyone involved in the accident is injured, call 911 immediately to request medical assistance. Every car accident injury needs to be evaluated by a doctor. Many common injuries—from TBIs to internal bleeding—show up with a delayed onset. Further, you cannot bring a claim unless you see a doctor.
- Document the San Antonio Accident: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved. Exchange information with the other driver, including their name, contact information, and insurance information. If there were any witnesses to the accident, try to get their contact information as well.
- Report the Collision: It is important to report the accident to the police, even if it was a seemingly minor fender-bender. The police will create a report of the accident, which can be helpful in resolving any disputes that may arise later. Report your accident to the San Antonio Police Department, Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, or another department.
- Contact a Lawyer Before Giving a Statement to an Insurer: You should notify your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident. However, an insurance company—even your own—is not on your side. You should consult with a San Antonio Car accident attorney before giving a statement to an insurance adjuster.
What to Know About Auto Accident Liability Laws in Texas
Were you involved in a car wreck in San Antonio? Your case falls under state law. It is essential that you understand how liability and the claims process work in the state. Important things to know about car accident laws and car accident liability in Texas include:
- Fault-Based Standard of Liability: Texas is an at-fault auto accident liability jurisdiction. The driver or other party deemed legally responsible for causing a crash through their negligence will be liable for the damages. All collisions require an in-depth investigation.
- Comparative Fault Apportionment: Texas uses comparative negligence standard of fault (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001). Liability for a crash will be apportioned by each party’s level of blame. If you are found 25 percent at fault for a crash in San Antonio, TX, you will be liable for 25 percent of the damages.
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations: There is a two-year statute of limitations to bring a motor vehicle accident injury claim in Texas (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 16.003). Do not wait to get started with your claim. Consult with a San Antonio car accident attorney right away.
Securing Financial Compensation for Injured Victims
Following a major motor vehicle collision in San Antonio, injured victims need compensation to pay their bills and support their families. In Texas, you can seek compensation for your economic losses and your non-economic damages. Unfortunately, the insurance companies that process most motor vehicle accident claims are more interested in their own bottom line than what is right for your family.
Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers fight aggressively to get our clients the maximum available financial recovery, including for:
- Vehicle repairs;
- Emergency room care;
- Medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability/disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Other Personal Injury Claims We Handle in San Antonio, TX
While a significant portion of our legal practice is focused on car accident claims and other motor vehicle accident claims, we are also qualified to take on the full range of other personal injury cases in San Antonio, including premises liability claims. Our firm provides proactive legal representation. If you were hurt in any type of accident in San Antonio, we are here to help you get justice.
Why Rely On Our San Antonio Car Accident Attorney?
We are on the side of injured victims every step of the way. Our founder and lead attorney Nomaan K. Husain is a top-rated personal injury lawyer with a proven record of success representing car accident victims. You can trust our legal team for personalized, proactive guidance.
Among other things, our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to your story and answer your questions about car accident claims;
- Investigate your San Antonio motor vehicle collision, gathering evidence;
- Advocate for you in all aspects of the legal claims process, including settlement; and
- Develop a strategy to get you and your family justice and compensation.
Injuries Common in Car Accidents
A car accident often causes a series of injuries that include: head injuries, chest injuries, whiplash, harm to arms and legs, lacerations, and broken bones.
Head injuries are common as our heads are close to the side windows, side pillars, other occupants, and other objects in the vehicle. A lot of drivers would hit their faces and heads on the steering wheel before airbags, yet airbags can still injure occupants.
Whiplash is so common that insurance companies treat it with suspicion when it is included in claims. While it is difficult to document medically, it can be established with the help of qualified legal experts.
Deep Cuts & Lacerations
Another common type of car accident injury is lacerations. A laceration is a deep cut that often requires medical intervention. This can take the form of plastic surgery to correct scarring and stitches.
Harm To Arms & Legs
Our legs and arms tend to move a lot during a collision. That means they are hitting surfaces around us in the vehicle. Vehicles tend to deform around us during impacts and can create protruding sharp edges.
Other times arms or legs can become trapped if the impact is severe enough.
Chest injuries are common, often caused by seatbelt tensioning. These injuries are commonly broken ribs that take time to heal and are often quite painful.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents
The causes of car accidents often include drunk driving, distracted driving, vehicle malfunction, bad weather, road hazards, and bad driving.
Drunk driving has caused more accidents than any other cause. It continues to be a problem as it reduces awareness and reaction time for emergency situations. Drugged driving is similar yet hasn’t caused as many accidents.
Intoxicated driving of any kind causes accidents, harm, and loss of life.
A more modern but equally damaging habit is distracted driving. Checking messages on our phones, eating while driving, looking at the map, or anything other than paying attention to the road causes accidents. It’s thought that distracted driving may be causing as many or more accidents as drunk driving.
Vehicle malfunction may be the fault of the manufacturer, a mechanic, or the vehicle owner. Poor maintenance may cause a tire blowout, but as well all know tire manufacturers make mistakes. Ignition systems and airbags have all been in the news as the cause of some major accidents and tragic events.
Rain, sleet, snow, ice, heavy rain, and fog can all cause accidents. While these are often thought of as unavoidable accidents without fault, that is not always the case. If a driver does not follow safe driving rules for speed, braking distance, or following distance it often leads to accidents.
Poor maintenance may also cause accidents with bald tires.
If cities don’t take care of the roads properly or other motorists have objects falling onto the roadway, it causes accidents. Other drivers may run over objects damaging their vehicle or may swerve into other vehicles trying to avoid hazards. Liability may be found with the help of our legal team.
Aggressive driving, exhausted driving, tailgating, and reckless driving are all common causes of car accidents. Driving while we are tired is similar to drunk driving as it dulls our reflexes and awareness. Falling asleep even for a moment at the wheel can mean the difference between making it to our destination and getting in an accident.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With a Top-Rated San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
At Husain Law + Associates — Houston Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. our San Antonio car accident attorneys are standing by, ready to take action to protect your rights and interests. If you or someone you care about was seriously injured in a crash, please do not hesitate to contact us today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. We represent injured victims in San Antonio, Bexar County, and throughout the wider region.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!