MULTIPLE VEHICLE ACCIDENTS IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
Home Practice Areas Car Accidents Multiple Vehicle AccidentGet Started
Houston Multiple Vehicle Accident Attorney
Most car accidents in Houston often involve two or more vehicles. In such situations, it can be difficult to determine liability because one or multiple drivers might be responsible for the accident. It is crucial to determine fault so that the victims may seek compensation for their losses. The best way to do this is to hire an expert Houston Car Accident Attorney.
At Husain Law + Associates, P.C., we have extensive experience handling a wide range of car accident cases. If you have been injured in an accident involving multiple vehicles, we can help you determine liability and seek compensation where it is due.
DETERMINING LIABILITY IN A MULTI-VEHICLE ACCIDENT IN HOUSTON
In a multiple-vehicle accident, legal responsibility can be determined depending on the specific circumstances of the case. Typical scenarios that can occur include:
- When One Driver is Liable for the Accident: One driver can cause multiple car accidents if their actions initiate a series of crashes. For example, picture a driver traveling down a highway while distracted on their phone. The driver could cut off another car, which may spin out of control and crash into other vehicles in opposite or adjoining lanes. In this scenario, the first driver was negligent and caused the subsequent accidents. The second driver’s actions can be considered unavoidable. Thus, all the other drivers affected can file a claim against the first driver’s insurance cover.
If the first driver’s insurance is insufficient to cover all the damages, the drivers can turn to underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage to cover the difference.
- When More Than One Driver Is Liable for an Accident: In some cases, multiple drivers can be held liable for an accident. This is common where pileups occur on the freeway. Imagine a scenario where driver A is driving down a highway when traffic comes to a stop. Driver A is then rear-ended by driver B, who is hit by driver C, who is in turn hit by driver D. If the accidents result in injuries, driver A could file a claim against drivers B, C, and D. Driver B could, in turn, hold drivers C and D responsible for their injuries and so forth.
HOW CAN A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY HELP?
Determining liability in a multiple vehicle accident is often complicated. It often involves extensive investigations and negotiations by all the parties involved. A Houston Multiple Vehicle Accident Attorney can help make the process easier. They can examine all the facts of the case to determine the liable parties.
To achieve this, your attorney might have to gather and evaluate evidence such as:
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Eye witness accounts
- Video evidence such as dash-cam footage
- Cell phone records to establish whether a driver was distracted
- Black box data
TALK TO A HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY
A car accident can have devastating effects on your health, career, and finances. This is why we endeavor to protect the rights of car accident victims. If you or someone you love was injured in a multiple vehicle car accident, contact Husain Law + Associates, P.C., to speak to a Houston Multiple Vehicle Accident Attorney.
We will evaluate your case to determine liability. We will also discuss how we can put our expertise and resources to work for you. Feel free to reach us online or call us on 713-987-7126 to schedule your initial consultation today.
Talk to a Firm That's Earned a National Reputation
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW TODAY!